domingo, dezembro 07, 2014

Suzanne Heintz e a sua família


"What would drive you to pack a family of mannequins into your station wagon, and take them on a road trip? Enough pressure to conform will send anyone packing. Conform to what? Well, it was getting late. Seriously late for a woman my age not to have a ring on her finger. People said, “You’re such a nice girl, why aren’t you married?” No one actually used that out of date word, but, what they were driving at was that I was a “Spinster,” and I got tired of hearing about it. Even my Mother must have thought she was setting me straight when she said, “Suzy, there’s nobody perfect out there. You just need to PICK somebody, if you’re going to settle down.” I snapped back, “Mom! It’s not like I can go out and BUY a family! I can’t just MAKE it happen!” But then, I found a way. I bought a beautiful Family… of Mannequins. I decided to start a photo project out of the Kodak Moments I’d capture with my new Store-Bought Family."

É uma forma engraçada de criar a sua própria família. Calculo que ao menos chatices não tem (só de os transportar). Adoro os tons das imagens que parecem saídas dos anos 90.
O que acham deste projeto?

Podem ser mais imagens fantásticas no seu site aqui.







Sem comentários: